Almost a year ago we had a fire at our house. It’s been a rough road and the one thing that has kept me optimistic is that I finally get to remodel the kitchen! We just barely started this work a few weeks ago and are just now beginning to fill back in the blank slate.
One of the things that I have really wanted to do is to bring the element of handmade to my kitchen space. Rugs, curtains, towels, potholders-all these things are in my project list. The first place I started…..knitting dishcloths!
It also happens to be where I start beginning knitters in my workshops. Here is why:
- simple patterns look beautiful
- it’s a small project that is actually useful
- if there are holes or misshapen, it will still wash the dishes
- cotton yarn is not stretchy, so beginners learn tension faster
- it is a great project to take on the go, it can be knit anywhere
#6- We shouldn’t neglect to make our kitchens pretty:
Thanks for being a friend!