Congratulations! You either have completed the beginner workshops and are ready to get serious with those needles or you are joining us to further the skills you have acquired yourself. Either way….hooray! I am so glad that you are joining us!
If you haven’t already, please read the Workshop Guidelines to become familiar with how it works.
This set of workshops can potentially be never ending! The list I have here is just a starting list of what I know already. I fully expect you to push my skill level by asking me to show you how to do other knitty things that are not here. I will do my absolute best to comply! I am always up for a challenge and learning something new.
The Skill DevelopmentWorkshops cost is ONLY $45 per person
NOW OFFERING one-on-one Skill Development Workshop for $75
*I accept payment in the form of cash, personal check, and through paypal
As the requests are made for these topics I will create more comprehensive outlines and they will get their own page under this heading.
*these are in no particular order, they can be learned at any time once you know the basics–for reals!
- Knitting in the round with DPN’s (double pointed needles)
- Knitting in the round with Circulars ( Magic loop method)
- Simple color work (changing colors to make stripes or simple patterns)
- Simple lace stitches (for pretty light shawls, scarves and pretty edgings on anything else)
- Rib patterns and borders ( needed for hats, socks, waistbands and anything that needs a more stretchy fabric)
- Increases and Decreases (needed for making ruffles, and anything that needs more shaping than a square or rectangle)
- Baby booties (one-at-a-time or be adventures and try two-at-a-time-my preferred method)
- Fusion Knitting (How to pick up stitches and add knitting on another fabric…I like this one because it often has to do with up cycling (recycling) and turning something old into something new! Woohoo!)
- Knitting with Handspun ( if you have read my blog at all, you know that I am a fan of this one…and yes, it is different than knitting with commercial yarns)
- Cable Knitting (Ever noticed those lovely braids running through knitted projects? It is easier than it looks!)
- Finishing techniques (exploring different bind-offs and edgings to give just the right touch!)
- Beginning Techniques (exploring different cast-ons and when to apply them to which projects)
- Socks! (I like toe-up, two-at-a-time, but we can explore any method you like. I recommend that you are confident in the “Knitting in the round magic loop method” listed above and also the “Increases and Decreases”)
- Special Gift help (have something in mind you want to make for a gift but you need help? Get me a copy of the pattern and I will come up with a workshop to guide you through)
- The Challenge ( I propose this for the especially adventures ones, we all would pick a pattern that we love but are scared to try! We would take a look at the pattern you choose and come up with a plan together on how to get it accomplished!)
Send me an email today and sign up for a skills workshop! firstname.lastname@example.org (or you can also sign up via my Facebook Page by sending me a message.)
Don’t forget to sign-up to enter the raffles & get the newsletter! Click Here